Friday, February 24, 2012

It's Raining, It's Pouring...

Well, you know the rest...the old man is snoring.  Well, he does that whether it's raining or not! I figured this was the  rhyme that matched closest to my latest projects. Sometimes, I get a run on a certain type of home accessory. The last month has been shower curtains! This one is CUTE with the yellow, cream, and grey color palette. This combo is very trendy right now and birds are too! 

Close-up of the above shower curtain. Sorry, it's blurry. Do not adjust your sets folks! I get in a hurry sometimes and don't check the pic right after I take it. I used "champagne" grommets. We discussed "brushed nickel" but, in the end, the champagne coordinated so much better with the yellow and cream.  

This one was a linen/burlap type of textured fabric with threads of red, blue, gold, black, and cream. running through the length of the fabric.   

Close-up with matte black grommets. I use the 1 1/2 inch grommets in plastic .  They look exactly like the metal grommets but no risk of rusting and ruining the fabric. You can't tell the difference unless you're holding one in your hand! 

I made the floral valance (from my own design) and the tweed-type shower curtain. This one has the clip-on rings.

Large scale houndstooth check for a stand-up shower. 

No comments:

Post a Comment