Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Daffodils and Gloomy Skies

7 Strand scarf, the edges like the petals of a daffodil


Double-wrap bracelet from the sleeve of the t-shirt

Sorry I haven't posted lately. I've had some back issues and I'm not able to sit at the computer or sewing machine long. I've been making these scarves. For one thing, they're pretty trendy right now... and the main reason, I don't have to crawl around on the floor to cut them out! I'm not good at doing nothing when I'm supposed to be resting. I hate wasting good leftovers (fabric or food!) so I used some from my t-shirt quilt trash stash. I cut out enough circles to make 7 strands for this one but, unlike the black one, I didn't sew the strands together in the middle. I figured I'd make this where I could add or subtract as many strands as I'm in the mood for (and the temp outside!). I chose yellow to wear with my grey shirt.
The daffodils have been blooming and this was my inspiration. 
I took the sleeve of the t-shirt, cut 6 strips and braided them together. Sewed on a button and made a button-hole.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment