Saturday, July 14, 2012

Complete the Look

Re-covered dining room chairs
This is the same dining room I posted about a couple of weeks (I think!) ago. I made the curtains with self-border made from the reverse side of the fabric. We considered some sort of trim but when I swathe back of the fabric, it was just as pretty and finished-looking as the front! I just folded, pressed, and top-stitched along the lengthwise fold. These curtain panels were double-width so they were still really full even when I used about 5 inches of fabric on the inside edge for the border.  

This shows how I folded, pressed, and stitched the border on the curtains. The shiny (lighter shade) is the reverse side of the fabric. It was simpler to fold the fabric back over itself to make a border. Sometimes the reverse side of fabric is just as pretty as the front!
Table runner with a border on each end made from the reverse side of the fabric.

Close-up of edge of table runner, bordered in reverse side of fabric, like the border on the curtains.

No comments:

Post a Comment