Friday, March 16, 2012

Kitchen Table and Something to Serve

I made some cushions for my girlfriend's kitchen table chairs. I don't know about y'all but I just can't sit very long in a hard wood chair and, being Southern, I spend a lot of time chatting at friends' kitchen tables. And, much to my husband's dismay, I mostly just walk in the back door at my friends' houses to chat. Nothing says the South like going in the back door and sitting at the kitchen table. You know it's a stranger if they ring your front doorbell!
I take whatever is handy, usually newspaper or plastic sheeting, to draw my pattern with a sharpie and cut it out. She had the fabric, just had to buy some 2" foam, then I used spray adhesive to attach some sheet batting to the foam to give some extra cush to the cushion. Now we can sit for hours and talk! Well, we did before.... now we can chat at the table.

Last night was experiment night. I had some veggies that needed to be cooked, zucchini, potatoes, and eggplant.  I tossed them with olive oil in a plastic bag. Then, in another bag, I tossed them in a mixture of parmesan cheese, Italian bread crumbs, and garlic powder. I placed them on a baking stone and roasted them in a 425 oven for 20 mins, turning after 10 mins. 

The finished dishes, potatoes in back, zucchini and eggplant in front dish. 



Zuchinni and eggplant, you might want to cook for less than 20 mins if you like your veggies crispier in the middle.
The potatoes took a couple minutes longer. Crispy on the edges, the way I like 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment