Tuesday, January 31, 2012

It's in the Bag!

This is the 2 handle tote bag I made from a recycled t-shirt, webbing handles, and dark denim. 

This is the inside of the 2 handle tote

I made this messenger bag from a recycled t-shirt and recycled blue jeans 

The inside of the messenger bag with a denim cell phone pocket
I needed to make (or buy) something to donate for an auction. I found some horse fabric at a yard sale and I've been wanting to use it. I like making bags but don't get much of a chance so I figured I'd go for it! I always have a sack full of old jeans and t-shirts and not many people know I make these so... I wish I would have taken photos of the backs of these bags but they're sold now  so, oh well.  I used dark (new) denim for the border and back of the 2 handle tote (the same denim I use for my t-shirt quilts). I used some old jeans for the messenger bag. I love the look and feel of the old jeans but I tried to appeal to different tastes using new denim for the tote. I sewed the same horse fabric to the outer part of the shoulder strap for the messenger bag as I used for the interior of the bag. The 2 handle tote has the brown webbing handles. My son's girlfriend wanted him to bid on one of these but they sold quickly! So she ordered one!     

No comments:

Post a Comment