Sunday, January 15, 2012

Monkeyin' Around

I know what you were thinking! 
I get restless (and hungry) on snow days so I tried a new recipe. I've seen recipes for monkey bread before but not monkey bread muffins so I thought I'd try 'em. I have an overflowing file folder of
 "hmm...this-looks-good-I-think-I'll-try-this" recipes. It looks to be from the newspaper. Don't ask which one or when I got it. The file is an inch thick and I've saved clippings and print-outs for about 19 years. I left out the chopped pecans because I didn't have any but they were pretty yummy anyway!


Monkey Bread Muffins
- one 12 oz can biscuits (10 in a can)
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 375 F. Place cupcake liners in 12 muffin cup pan. Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces, set aside.
In a small bowl, combine syrup and melted butter  (I had some leftover afterwards). In a separate bowl, mix sugar, cinnamon, and pecans (the original recipe called for less but I used 1 1/2 times the sugar and cinnamon so I've adjusted the recipe). Dip each biscuit piece into the butter mix then roll in sugar mix. Place 3 or 4 pieces in each cup, pressing down to compact. Bake 15-17 minutes. Allow to cool 5 minutes before removing. Serve warm. I don't know a lot of people who could resist the smell of these long enough for them to cool off! We finished them off pretty quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment