Friday, November 8, 2013

Turn Me Loose Like a Kid in a Candy Store

My daughter, Cassidy, started college this fall and, being the obsessed-with-fixing-up-everything-with-fabric mom, I went into bedding sewing overdrive. Since our son moved home to go to school locally,we saved his dorm bedding for "someday I'll need this". He had everything navy and brown.We went to Short Sheets in Crossville. Let's just say I was like a kid in a candy store! 
She already picked out the bedsheets at Target in teal. I made the duvet cover reversible, red and white on 1 side,  grey on the other. 


Here is a close-up of the duvet cover fabric 

Had to throw in a little "silly" with the mustache pillows

Cassidy "had to have" a body pillow and I made a pillowcase in red to go on it. I also made the teal/white striped throw pillow. BTW, it's not easy to make a bed 2 feet from the ceiling! The desk is below the bed.
Close-up of button closure on duvet cover. The red and white is topside, grey is underside. I used a grey bed sheet for the bottom side of the duvet cover. The teal is the bed sheet. 

And then we tackle the ugly desk chair. 
Slip cover please. She didn't pull the seat skirt on all the way before she took the photo. I made open corners because the chair is a rocker (yeah I know, odd for a desk chair) and it flared out really strange at the bottom,  I guess to keep you from flipping over but I felt like I was going to land flat on my back every time I sat in it!

Here is the back view with the awesome monogram made by my friend Cindy. I don't have a fancy embroidery machine.   

No comments:

Post a Comment