Saturday, June 23, 2012

Simple but Elegant

Dining room curtains have a 4 inch self-border in the inner edge.  That's where the fabric is turned "inside out" to make a contrasting border.

This is a close-up of the dining room curtains. I should've taken a better close-up to show the border better. The fabric is a textured matte gold and the border (or wrong side of the fabric) is a shiny gold.

Bathroom curtains with ruffle top (with our spokes-model, Tina!).

Close-up of bathroom curtains, black shantung silk with fleur-de-lis embroidered on fabric .

Bedroom curtains: I added gold bands to the blue curtains to make them longer. The rod is mounted higher than the window to make the window seem taller. This was an alteration. She had the blue curtains already but didn't like how short they looked. 

Throw pillows I made to match.

I've been busy... curtains! These are pretty simple with rod pockets but I added an extra seam to create a sort of ruffle across the top. These are photos for 3 rooms. I made the throw pillows in the blue and gold bedroom.  I'll post a tutorial on how to make the self-border that I did for the dining room. I'll have some clearer photos for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment